Do you want to spend a few incredible months volunteering in Nepal? Or are you a Nepali who wants to make a difference in the lives of children in remote Nepal?
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented volunteers! We need volunteers who will help us teach English, Music, Sports and other subjects to our children in the 8 schools we support in Sindhupalchowk. Our vision is to make these schools world class education centers in 10 years, and to stop child trafficking through awareness and education. Providing quality education in the village also means parents do not feel compelled to send their kids to Kathmandu; unwittingly through the hands of traffickers at times!
As volunteers, you will not replace local teachers but rather support them with complementary teaching and extra-curricular activities.
Get in touch if you:
• Believe that you can change the world one child at a time
• Have a strong command of the English language
• Can commit at least three months
• Can eat dal-bhat in the morning and evening without complaining
• Rough it out as all homes were destroyed after the earthquake.
What we offer:
• An incredible opportunity to teach and bond with children of the mountains
• A home-stay with a local family
• A chance to learn a new culture and language
• Insights into the education system of Nepal, its faults and how we can fix it together.